Please visit the main Insurance Groups page for the most updated information.
(Scroll down for a list of existing groups or claimants looking for a group.)
“Orphan” Claimants & Starting a Group
- If there are not enough members of a specific insurance carrier to form a group, consider forming a group with other “orphans” or consider approaching an existing group and ask to join.
- Post everywhere that you are looking for or forming a group: NextDoor, your neighborhood email list or website, facebook or other social media, etc.
- Encourage everyone you know to spread the word and post on their social media.
- I have held up signs at post-fire recovery meetings to let folks know about my State Farm group.
- See https://www.uphelp.org/pubs/organizing-carrier-specific-fire-survivor-groups for United Policyholders tips for forming and running an insurance claimant group
- For smaller groups, you can have an email distribution list or use a free app such as “Slack.com.”
- For larger groups, you can start a “listserv.” Unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations for the “perfect” group communication method.
Connecting Groups Together
- Existing small groups may find a benefit to simply combining into a larger a group.
- As of this writing (June 3, 2018), too many of us, even though connected with a specific-carrier group, are still struggling with our insurance. The groups should connect to see if there are benefits to exchanging relevant information (but not combining into one giant group, which would probably be confusing). I am open to this…but welcome someone else to start this process.
AAA/CSAA Claimants Email Group
If you are a CSAA/AAA policyholder with a claim for the 2017 Northern California fires and would like to join the AAA policyholder email group (listserv), send an email to email@example.com to register. On this listserv, members share and learn about each other’s claims experiences.
Ameriprise (Costco) Insurance Claimants Group
An Ameriprise claimant is looking to join or form a group. Please email Jaime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Casualty Insurance Claimants Group
California Casualty Insureds believe forming a Group is essential to accomplish full compensation under our policies. We all have lost our homes to the October 9, 2017 Northern California Firestorms. We feel we need shared experiences to understand our Carrier and navigate their “interpretation” of our “policy”. A coordinated Group, like unions, accomplishes more, through common knowledge. You can join simply by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers’s Claimants Group
Several Farmers; policyholders are looking for a group; I have heard one exists. If you are looking for a group, know of a group, or are starting a group, please let me know at NeighborsTogetherSR@gmail.com and I will put you in touch with each other.*
Hartford Claimants Group
If you are a Hartford policyholder with a claim for the 2017 Northern California fires and would like to join the Hartford policyholder group (listserv), send an email to email@example.com to register.
Liberty Mutual / Safeco Claimants Groups
Liberty Mutual/Safeco Listserv – Helen Greaves – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationwide Claimants Group
Several Nationwide policyholders are looking for a group; I have heard one exists. If you are looking for a group, know of a group, or are starting a group, please let me know at NeighborsTogetherSR@gmail.com and I will put you in touch with each other.*
Travelers’ Claimants Group
The Traveler’s claimants listserv is set up as a Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/travelersph
State Farm Claimants Email Group
Open only to State Farm insureds with claims arising out of the October 2017 Northern California Firestorms. We share and compare fire claims experiences as we navigate insurance challenges. Contact Vita at VitaTubbsFire@gmail.com if you would like to join.
* Add your insurance group to this list:
- Email Vita at NeighborsTogetherSR@gmail.com.
- I am the admin of the State Farm group only, and list existing groups and claimants looking to join or form a group as a community service.
- Please direct questions regarding an existing group listed above to the relevant email address listed.
- If you are looking for a group, I will attempt to put you in touch with other claimants by sharing your email addresses with each other as requested.
- I recommend that people create post-fire email addresses to help protect their privacy.
Neighbors Together ~ Strong & Resilient (NTSR) does not provide any advice or endorse any service provider or agency.
October 2017 Northern California Firestorm: Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa: Coffey Park; Fountaingrove (Hidden Valley Estates (HVE) is lumped with FG); Larkfield-Wikiup-Mark West-Riebli; Rincon Valley-Deer Trail-Calistoga Rd; Bennett Ridge (Nuns/Annadel Fire) . . . See more . . . »