updated 11/16/2018: Butte Emotional Health Services fb page: https://www.facebook.com/CalHopeButte/ (services provided at no cost)
updated 11/17/18: Ventura County Emotional Health Services fb page: https://www.facebook.com/hopeofvc/ (services provided at no cost)
updated 11/8/2018: Shasta and Redding Mental Health & Wellness Services website
updated 8/6/18. Also see Post-Fire Coping and Free Counseling » and www.sonomacountyrecovers.org/mental-health-wellness and mysonomastrong.com
Ongoing Red Flag warnings and current fires can trigger stress and trauma in fire-affected folks and their neighbors and loved ones.
24/7 Hotlines (free & confidential)
- Disaster Distress Helpline ~ Connect with a trained disaster distress crisis counselor
- English Speakers: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Spanish Speakers: 1-800-985-5990 and press “2” or text Hablanos to 66746
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing: Use preferred relay service 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 6676 or TTY 1-800-846-8517
- 24-hour Access Line for Sonoma County Behavioral Health Services: (707) 565-6900; (800) 870-8786
- 24-hour Crisis Services: (707) 576-8181
- 24-hour Suicide Prevention: (855) 587-6373
The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline providing immediate crisis counseling for people experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. This information is from https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline. See more resources here.
Warmlines (Regular Business Hours; free & confidential)
- Wildfire & General Mental Health Support Warmline (NAMI): (866) 960-6264
- California HOPE:
- Santa Rosa: 707 608 8805
- Adults age 50 or better: 707 608 8804
- North County: 707 608 8807
- Sonoma Valley: 707 608 8806
- South County: 707 608 8806
- West County: 707 608 8807
- Español: 707 608 8825
THINGS CHANGE ALL THE TIME. Please always check with the appropriate agency or entity for current information.
Information above from the respective agencies.
Neighbors Together ~ Strong & Resilient does not provide any advice or endorse any service provider or agency.
October 2017 Northern California Firestorm: Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa: Coffey Park; Fountaingrove (Hidden Valley Estates (HVE) is lumped with FG); Larkfield-Wikiup-Mark West-Riebli; Rincon Valley-Deer Trail-Calistoga Rd; Bennett Ridge (Nuns/Annadel Fire) . . . See more . . . »