- Sat, Mar 9, 2019 -11am – 3pm, Volunteer Center of Sonoma, 153 Stony Circle, Santa Rosa.
- Sat, April 27, 2019 -11am – 3pm, Community Action Partnership Sonoma County, 141 Stony Circle #210, Santa Rosa.
- Certified Financial Planners® are volunteering to help Santa Rosa fire survivors.
- All advice is free and no business cards will be distributed.
- Book a 1hr appointment at https://calendly.com/fpd/santarosa
The consultation is for one hour. A full financial plan is not created in an hour. This is a safe environment to explore questions and options. Follow-up with specialized experts may be necessary.
Financial questions often arise around:
- Budgets ~ Investments ~ Taxes* ~ Insurance
A question as simple as “Should I rebuild my home after the fire?” touches on all of these areas.
- “How will the home rebuild impact my ability to save for the future?”
- I paid off my mortgage and now rates are higher. Can I afford this rebuild?
- Higher rebuilding costs mean I can’t really rebuild what I had, what trade-offs should I consider with a rebuild/retirement/college for my children/other goals?
- “What are the tax consequences of selling the property and moving?”*
- “Where should l keep my insurance proceeds while I work on the rebuild plan?”
Pro Bono CFPs can help those in the community work through questions like these and more in a safe environment. An article from the New York Times further describes the benefits of having an independent financial sounding board when making financial decisions.
All Pro Bono volunteers sign a pledge not to solicit business or hand out business cards. They are here to serve. All advice is free. See Flyer
* While Certified Financial Planners have some general tax knowledge, specific disaster-related tax questions should be directed to a tax professional who is experienced in such matters.
From the organizer: Want to know more about the Financial Planning Assn and our Financial Planning Days around the Bay? Please visit us at BAFPD.org. You will find suggestions on documents to bring to your planning session.
Brought to you by the Financial Planning Association of SF Pro Bono Committee: email@example.com
Neighbors Together ~ Strong & Resilient posts events as a service. NTSR does not provide any advice or endorse any service provider or agency.