This no-cost event is offered as a public service.
Saturday, Aug 31, 2019 – 1pm – 5pm
Chico Public Library (1108 Sherman Way, Chico)
To book a 1hr appointment: https://calendly.com/fpd/chico
Certified Financial Planner (“CFP“) volunteers and the Financial Planning Association of Northern California Pro Bono Committee are offering free financial planning sessions for fire survivors. A CFP will provide free (no strings attached) and objective financial advice addressing your biggest concerns and decisions. These one-hour sessions are focused on advice–not sales pitches. If there is interest, more Financial Planning Days may be scheduled.
Financial questions often arise around:
Budgets ~ Investments ~ Taxes* ~ Insurance
A question as simple as “Should I rebuild my home after the fire” touches on all of these areas.
- “How will the home rebuild impact my ability to save for the future?”
- I paid off my mortgage and now rates are higher. Can I afford this rebuild?
- Higher rebuilding costs mean I can’t really rebuild what I had, what trade-offs should I consider with a rebuild/retirement/college for my children/other goals?
- “What are the tax consequences of selling the property and moving?”*
- “Where should l keep my insurance proceeds while I work on the rebuild plan?”
Pro Bono CFPs can help those in the community work through questions like these and more in a safe environment. This article from the New York Times further describes the benefits of having an independent financial sounding board when making financial decisions.
All Pro Bono volunteers sign a pledge to not solicit business or hand out business cards. They are here to serve. All advice is free.
The consultation is for one hour. A full financial plan is not created in an hour. This is a safe environment to explore questions and options. Follow-up with specialized experts may be necessary.
* While Certified Financial Planners have some general tax knowledge, specific disaster-related tax questions should be directed to a tax professional who is experienced in such matters.
Brought to you by the Financial Planning Association of NorCal Pro Bono Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbors Together ~ Strong & Resilient posts events as a public service and does not provide any advice or endorse any service provider or agency.