- This event has passed.
Firewise Landscaping Fall 2018 Workshop 10/6/18
Saturday October 6, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Come learn how to create a more firewise home landscape!
Join the UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County for a 1/2 day workshop to learn about firewise practices for your home landscape.
At these workshops we will discuss:
- The new reality of wildfires in our community
- Sustainable home landscaping principles
- Building healthy soil
- Creating defensible space
- Restoring habitat
- Plant selection, design, spacing and maintenance
- Mulch considerations and water conservation
This special 1/2 day workshop will be held at the following location:
- October 6, 2018 at Sonoma Community Center, 276 E. Napa Street, Sonoma from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- October 6, 2018 at Windsor Library, 9291 Old Redwood Hwy., Bldg. 100, Windsor from 10:30AM to 12:30PM
- October 20, 2018 at Petaluma Library, 100 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma from 10:30AM to 12:30PM
For additional Firewise and other workshops, visit https://ucanr.edu/sites/scmg/?calendar=yes&g=43833. For more information on firewise landscaping, visit the UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County web page at http://sonomamg.ucanr.edu/Firewise_Landscaping/.
There is no charge for these events, but a suggested donation of $10.00 at the door will help us offset the event costs. Please RSVP for these events ».
Above information from https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=25194
Neighbors Together ~ Strong & Resilient does not provide any advice or endorse any service provider or agency.
October 2017 Northern California Firestorm: Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa: Coffey Park; Fountaingrove (Hidden Valley Estates (HVE) is lumped with FG); Larkfield-Wikiup-Mark West-Riebli; Rincon Valley-Deer Trail-Calistoga Rd; Bennett Ridge (Nuns/Annadel Fire) . . . See more . . . »