- This event has passed.
Free Rebuilding Clinic: What to Do Next?
Saturday May 19, 2018
Ask your Construction, Insurance, Finance
Questions in a Small-Group, Personalized Setting
(free counseling will also be available)
Saturday, May 19, 2018 @ Noon
Bayside Church, 3175 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
Snacks provided; feel free to bring your own lunch
Do you have questions about:
- Step-by-step rebuilding process?
- Enough money to rebuild?
- Existing mortgage?
- Construction loan?
- How to deal with designers, architects, engineers, permits, general contractors, etc.?
- Construction contracts and how to hire a contractor?
- Maximizing insurance proceeds if not rebuilding?
These are just some of the topics homeowners need help with. Industry professionals and advocates will meet with you in small groups to help you move forward from wherever you are “stuck” in the rebuilding process. We invite homeowners to bring your insurance policy, declarations page, estimates, etc., and ask us your insurance, rebuilding, and rebuilding-related financial questions.
Advocates and Industry Professionals:
- Matthew Grill – Prior Fire Survivor, Rebuild Specialist, Founder of Fire Victims Coalition, Coffey Strong Volunteer
- Kunal Nagpal – Rebuild Specialist, Prior Fire Survivor and Post-Disaster Home Builder/Developer
- Linh Pham – Scope Writer and Former Catastrophe Insurance Adjuster
- John Andras – Catastrophe Insurance Adjuster (employed by a builder to help homeowners with their insurance coverage)
- Julia Donoho – Attorney and Architect
This event is RSVP only; please include the kinds of questions you have so we can try to tailor the clinic to your actual needs. We aim to have more clinics like this in the near future. If you are interested but can’t make the event, let the organizers know so they can plan future events accordingly.
ALSO: Free Counseling for Fire Survivors. Counselors from California HOPE, in partnership with Sonoma County Behavioral Health, will be available for you to talk to, ask questions, arrange for one-one-one meetings or group presentations for fire survivors, employers, coworkers, families and friends. You do not need to rsvp to talk to the counselors.